Monday, May 12, 2008

Good or not Good?



I woke up at six in the morning to book a Tatkal ticket for a To and Fro journey . I was waiting in the queue at the reservation centre still half asleep , always in the constant fear of falling on someone. The girl next to me was preparing the word list "s" and closed my eyes .I stood there in the queue and got my ticket after two hours.

In the evening, I went to Central to send off my friends leaving to Kanpur for Surge. I was waiting at the Bus stop. I could have taken any of the 7 series to reach somewhere nearby Annanagar but the pleasant experience of getting inside a wrong bus and wasting my time in the morning taught me to wait for 7F and nothing else. The bus 7F arrived after some half an hour .When I got inside, I felt lighter as my purse was no longer in my possession. I told the conductor and he informed two police constables standing there.They did nothing save to ask me to give a complaint at the police station. The bus stopped at the station and I refused to give a complaint when they asked me to. Now why did I go there is what even I don't know! I fought with them because I felt it was not fair on part of those constables at the bus stop to be least bothered about what was going on. The bus was waiting because of me for half an hour . They offered me a pencil to write my details! I came back after giving a complaint and everyone was waiting to give me advices in the bus.I heard them and snapped back as I was already irritated and there prevailed the golden silence.

When I got back, I got a call from someone saying they found my ID card.He said that the ATM card was snatched by some lady inspector. I believed the story ,thanked him and said that I would collect the ID card from him the next day. At home, after one hour I got call from the same person saying that he had my tickets too. I was waiting for one more hour thinking that he will call me up and say that he got my ATM card too somehow but things don't happen as we wish :). The next day I went along with my dad to T Nagar and collected my tickets and ID card.When we offered him money for the help, he refused.

I was debating with my Dad about this incident. According to me, the person who gave us our tickets back was guilty as he called after one hour to tell us about the tickets and not asap.He was good at least give us back what was not useful to him.He was nice in a way,he kept only money and returned everything not useful him and very useful to the owner of those belonging's. He didn't accept free money from others, he likes to sweat and earn it in his way. My mom meanwhile was dreaming of us being taken to a big Gang of thiefs whose leader would talk terms regarding the tickets. Imaginations and perspectives are weird and different , We can't help :). I got a message saying " Happy journey Lavanya to Bhuvaneshawar " during my travel. The world is spinning too fast, I really want to slow it down .

PS: It's purely my perspective and nothing else.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.irctc.co.in ..

don't wait in the queue from the next instance :)

Prashant Sree said...

Reading your post, lets me infer that u losing your purse was not good and getting back your valuables was good.

Looks like Tamil movies are a favs in your home. The leader of the Thieves
Gang would have had a hearty laugh ;)
Just kidding !!

Vee said...

"dreaming of us being taken to a big Gang of thiefs whose leader would talk terms regarding the tickets" - =)) this one is cooked up isnt it?

Just Another Film Buff said...

"...dreaming of us being taken to a big Gang of thiefs whose leader would talk terms regarding the tickets" - LOL

What an experience it must have been! I somehow feel the "gratitude" of the person was a result of the complaint. (No I'm not making any suggestions of police corruption!)

lavixu said...

Hey No part of the post is cooked up :)

taggy said...

why r u leaving to bhuvaneshwar ?

lavixu said...

@Taggy ,Hey I was leaving to vzm but Tatkal gives a ticket till Bhuvaneshwar..So He thought I am going till Bhuv.

lavixu said...

@Taggy ,Hey I was leaving to vzm but Tatkal gives a ticket till Bhuvaneshwar..So He thought I am going till Bhuv.

lavixu said...

@Taggy ,Hey I was leaving to vzm but Tatkal gives a ticket till Bhuvaneshwar..So He thought I am going till Bhuv.

lavixu said...

@Taggy ,Hey I was leaving to vzm but Tatkal gives a ticket till Bhuvaneshwar..So He thought I am going till Bhuv.

taggy said...

@kavanya senior na konjam bayam irukkum ,athukaga ippadiya ! oru kelvi ku ivlo bathil . keep it up :)

lavixu said...

@Taggy, didn't notice that I commented so many times..It's nice to look at a blog post which says 12 comments! nice tactics :P

Priya said...

Special kudos to"I felt lighter as my purse was no longer in my possession"
written in good humour...:)

Priya said...

ll keep myself updated here on :) i told u i wud... btw it would be even nicer to look at a blog post that says 14 comments :)

lavixu said...

@Priyadarshuni,thanks for visiting and that trick was chumma playing :P

Unknown said...

If your blog was not true - Great creativity, hats off!

If the blog was true, "Experiences" - They are good to have. :D

Anonymous said...

U got lucky!! Atleast u got ur tickets back!