Do ants sleep? Do they have a brain? How large is their heart? Do they talk? Do they fight and have enemies? I wanted answers to all these questions when I saw them in a neat straight line in TP( Training and placement department) when we were asked to wait for the Oracle interview .I was either trying not to fall asleep in that sofa or was really interested in those cute ants. Few would break off the line and my sleepy head was imagining things like one particular ant did that because it confronted an ant it did not like to talk to. I wished I could hear them talk.Just when I was still not able to decide if ants really have grouped into like minded communities, I was called for my interviews. I really thought I did my HR bad. The news of my selection was one big surprise and later relief.My both Tech interviews were fine if not for the boring questions I had put to the second interviewer when he asked me if I had any questions to ask. I am sure he would not have dared to do that to any student who followed me in the interview. I was still in the ARE ANTS WALKING ALWAYS mood and started off.. Why is everyone running away to Blore? Where will there be place in Blore to live if everyone settles there? Why can't you have your company in a silent place like Assam? ( You know Assam is awesome!) What should I code for you guys for the company to pay me eight Lakhs or even six or even four?What are the qualities you guys exactly looking for in a student?Why is your company's share value RS 20 ?I mean is it not a bit on lower side? Why don't you open it to public? What is the feedback you would like to give about me ? Why is your company's written procedure so bad when it's reputation speaks otherwise?I did answer all the tech and coding questions he asked me but I guess that could never have compensated the damage done. When I came out, I had this intuition of overchaating the other person ( which comes frequently ).
I learned one thing after the interview, to speak out your mind and be free. I was desperately trying to be all serious and nice in my previous interviews. It never worked out.I wanted to ask CISCO panel why they conducted their written so late that no one had anything left in the mess to eat . I wanted to ask NetApp why they allowed guys to write using mobile torches when the current went off.It was unfair for others who did not have a torch in their mobile or not even a mob in first place.It was for five minutes but still. Murphy's Law works always. When you really not want something,you do get it.
So coming back to ants, do you really think that ants sleep? I always see them walking.
I
9 comments:
nice one to read if u r bored.
Entha pedha chaat post ela rasav?
Congrats for ur placement.
congrats! btw did the interviews answer any/all of ur Qs?
and yeah, ants do sleep! its just that they take shifts and go walking in search of food or various other activities...
ding :-)
Lol :)
good one :)
The interviewer did answer most of the questions :)
lol.... gal!! im regrettin i never read ur blog b4... seriously...for one thing, u must kno by now tat i really ask chaater questions- like 'do ants sing songs?' for another, however crazy it is, its quite a nice read... anyway, nice to see tat somebody els thinks the same way too... ;) :D
@suchitra, the ants definitely sing I guess. The frequency being below our audible range :(
Post a Comment